Friday, December 11, 2009

 

What Obama Could Have Said in Oslo

James Taranto at the WSJ

In fairness to Obama, under the circumstances it would have been very hard for him to display true humility. He could have turned down the prize, but that would have seemed arrogant too. But if he was going to compare himself to other Nobel Peace laureates, it might have been better had he taken the opposite approach: When I heard about this prize, I didn't think I deserved it. I mean, what have I done? But then I looked at the list of past recipients. Yasser Arafat? A peace prize for a terrorist? What's the deal with that, guys? Al Gore? For what, making a movie with charts? And Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter! He endorsed me, and even I can't stand that sanctimonious little twit!
 

To view the post on a separate page, click: at (the permalink).